- About Us
- 2018 Bull Sale Report
- Talbalba outlays $32,000 for top price bull Dubbo National Show and Sale…….click here to read on
- 2017 Bull Sale Report
- 2017 Newsletter
- Preview 2017 Sale bulls, top Grain Fed Steer Index in the breed (2015 drop) $181
- 2016 Paddock Bulls for sale.
- 2016 Bull Sale Report
- 2016 Sale Bulls Preview- Consistent Carcase Cattle
- 2015 Paddock Bulls for sale.
- 2015 Bull Sale Report
- 2015 Bull Sale feature lot 51
- Hereford True Branded Product field days coming to QLD…..read more
- Preview of 2015 Sale Bulls
- $32,000 purchase of top Poll sire at Injemira, Talbalba and Day’s Whiteface
- 2014 Paddock Bulls for Sale
- 2014 Bull Sale Report
- Talbalba wins Siver Medal in the 2014 Sydney Royal Beef Challenge,
- 2013 Bull Sale Report
- Talbalba genetics – perfectly suited to the Australian Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System
- Target the EU for more dollars.
- 2012 Bull Sale Report
- 2011 Bull Sale Report
- 2010 Bull Sale Report
- 2009 Bull Sale Report
- Mating Details Talbalba Heifers
- Contact Us
- 2017 Newsletter
2016 saw the last Southern Cross Sale held at Pinora Sales Complex Jackson. We have sold at Pinora for the past 18 years, the last 8 years with invited vendor, Devon Court.
Next year Talbalba will hold their first on property sale at home at “Delemere”, Millmerran.
We will offer free delivery to major QLD centres and have an online bidding option available. A busy year ahead…
Sale Summary this year 75 of 87 bulls sold to ave $8033
Talbalba sold 48 out of 51 bulls to a top of $20000 to average $7531.
Devoncourt sold 27 out of 36 to a top of $24000 to average $8926
Strong commercial sale with commercial buyers paying to $16,000.
Buckinbah Stud, St George were the standout volume buyers taking home 7 Talbalba bulls paying up to $11,500 for an average price of $8,500 and total $59,500.
Campview Grazing, Taroom bought 4 bulls with a top of $13,000 to total $35,500 and the James family, Wandoan bought 5 bulls grossing $32,500.
New buyers Pat Leahy and family paid up to $9000 for 5 bulls for $32 000.
Repeat buyers CA Hauff and Sons outlaid $32,500 for 5 heifer bulls to rebuild numbers after years of drought.
A lot of bulls sold for cross breeding into Brahman, Santa and Droughtmaster cross herds. Herd rebuilding was evident with large number of buyers looking for bulls suitable to join to heifers. More buyers than ever before looking at EBVs as an aid in sellecting new sires.
In the stud market top price bull was Devon Court Centurion K152 selling for $24,000 to Glenlyon Rural Holdings, Toowoomba.
$20,000 was paid twice for Talbalba Adbvance K134 selling to Currackabark Herefords, Gloucester and the Holliss family’s Lotus Herefords, Glen Innes.
Devon Court Avalanche K173 was bought by Chris Lisle, Tummel Herefords, Walcha and Glenwarrah Pastoral Co, Bundarra, NSW
Amos Vale Herefords bought Talbalba Advance K56 for $17,000.
Thank-you to all buyers and underbidders for your support.
Lot 17 Talbalba top price bull sold $20,000 to Lotus and Currackabark studs.